From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-14 06:39:16

Dave,

>but YIKES! it copies the library right into my vc6 installation! Am I
wrong
>to be surprised, even worried?

Possibly :-)

In any case that old batch file based build is now dead - I have some
makefiles working which behave in a manner similar to the STLPort makefiles
(separate sub-directory builds + separate optional install step).

>Then, there are some warnings I get from vc6. It's just wrong in most
cases,
>but here are the fixes:

OK, cute, thanks.

>First, a remark on the code: it's full of long functions with many levels
of
>nesting and many switch statements. I recognize that regular language
>interpreters are a special breed, but this reminds me of the bad-old-days
of
>'C' programming, before I learned to break things down into digestible
>pieces. I find the "big monolithic function" style of programming leads to
>maintainance and readability problems. Does it have to be this way?

Maybe :-)

Whenever I get a chance I try and refactor that section, but the regex
syntax is so convoluted that its not easy to do without passing tons of
parameters down the stack.

- John.