From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-26 05:39:39
Lets try this again:
1) Open up a regular folder view (NOTE: NOT INTERNET EXPLORER).
2) From view select "Folder Options" (there is no tools menu).
3) Select the "file types" tab.
4) Scroll down the list until you find the file type that you are
interested in - in my case it was "C++ Builder Source File"
5) Select "Edit"
6) Set "Content Type (MIME)" to "text/plain"
Thereafter IE should open those files as plain text.
You can also do this from the registry by locating the relevent extentions
and adding a "Content Type" value set to "text/plain".
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk