From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-09-26 11:00:14

Hello Everyone on the GGCL announce list,

I'm pleased to announce that GGCL passed the Boost review and will
become part of the Boost library collection. The next release of Boost
(hopefully later this week) will contain a much revised version of
GGCL, under the name "The Boost Graph Library".

What is Boost?

"The Boost web site provides free, peer-reviewed, C++ libraries. The
emphasis is on portable libraries which work well with the C++
Standard Library."

http://www.boost.org

Why did we move GGCL to Boost?

  - The peer review has helped to improve the code and documentation.
  - Leverage expertise of others in porting to more compilers.
  - Make sure GGCL lives past the duration of the authors' time
     in grad. school.
  - Encourage more people to contribute to the graph library.

Does this mean the authors' will stop development of the graph
  library?

  Not at all. Within the boost framework, we will be the
    primary maintainer of the library.

Mailing Lists

  We will be discontinuing the GGCL mailing lists. We suggest
  that people who are interested in keeping up-to-date on the
  graph library, or who want to ask questions about the
  graph library, or who have bugs to report, should join the boost
  egroups mailing list. If the email traffic is too much, you can
  select the "Delivery Options" for a "Daily Digest" or
  "No Mail / Web only".

Contribute!

  If you have any suggestions for improving the graph library,
  or if you have written some algorithms that use the boost
  graph interface, please send some email to boost! Contributing
  to boost brings instant FAME and FORTUNE! (ok, a bit of
  an exaggeration, but your fellow coders will thank you).

Jeremy Siek, Lie-Quan Lee, and Andrew Lumsdaine