From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-29 07:23:18
Boost version 1.18.0 has been posted on the web site.
* Preliminary release of two important new libraries:
* Graph Library - Generic graph components and algorithms from
Jeremy Siek and a University of Notre Dame team.
* Regular Expression Library - Text pattern matching in all
its glory from John Maddock.
* Other changes:
* Array Library improvements reflecting formal review comments.
* functional.hpp compiler workarounds added.
* tie() function template added to utility.hpp for easier handling
of std::pair<> return values.
* Integer Library improved handling of 64-bit integers.
* Minor web site page updates.
Special thanks to John Maddock and Jeremy Siek and his team. They did all
the work of adding their libraries to the CVS repository.
Adding two large libraries at once probably introduced more than the usual
number of glitches. Compiler regression tests for Graph and Regular
Expression libs have yet to be added. Furthermore, a number of smaller
"pending" libraries were included in this release because they are used by
the Graph Library. These need to be formally reviewed. So there is plenty
of work ahead, not to mention lots of good stuff nearing completion in the
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk