From: Krishna Padmasola (krishna_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-30 09:30:31

Jeremy,

Thanks for the response, it clarified a lot of things for me. Please see
below:

jeremy siek wrote:

> When VertexList=vecS, add_vertex() will invalidate earlier vertex
> descriptors. When VertexList=listS, vertex descriptors are never
> invalidated.

Is this due to the fact that the underlying vector<> may resize itself
automatically when more storage is needed by the program?

If the above is true, the Kevin Bacon example may not work correctly
since it uses VertexList=vecS and keeps references to the vertices
inserted using add_vertex in a map for later use.

http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/docs/kevin_bacon.html

Please correct me if I am wrong.

regards,
Krishna.