From: Andreas Scherer (as_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-04 04:57:26

--- In boost_at_[hidden], jsiek_at_l... wrote:
> Perhaps the way to go is to just remove the repeated stuff and make
> a note in the documentation saying that the PROTOTYPES patch is
> required.

That's OK by me (being the author of the PROTOTYPES patches :-).

Note that there's a minor bug in <gb_rand.ch>; it still has the "of
of" doublet that got fixed in <gb_rand.w> some time ago. I have
already submitted an updated version of <gb_rand.ch> to DEK.

> I've checked in the fix to the
> boost sourceforge CVS repository.

Fine, I've got the update and it reports the correct length.

Using MSVC-- 6.0 sp3 here at the office, I'd like to request the
following two changes:

<miles_span.cpp>, line 47: MSVC requires that "get()" is fully
qualified with "boost::".

<prim.cpp>, lines 81--84: MSVC has a problem with the name clash
between "enum { .. i .. }" and "iterator i". I suggest to rename the
"iterator i" to "ii".

Currently I'm still in the process of getting the "graph" stuff to
work with MSVC-- 6.0 sp3. I have already applied major surgery to
the <xlocnum> headerfile of the compiler in order to get a bunch of
example programs to compile. Apart of several "internal compiler
error" problems there are a few other problems I'm trying to fix for
this particular setup. I'll report on this ASAP.

Andreas