From: Prophet (prophet666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-04 22:09:14

hi everyone.

I'm looking for a timer library or object that has at least
1/10,000th
of a second resolution. This is going to be used in a project that
is going to be multi platform, so non-OS specific is really a must.
It doesn't have to have any fancy features, just nice and
lightweight, and quick.

The project I'm working on is being coded in c++, but I have been
told that it is highly unlikely that c++ code will be able to achieve
this resoluation. I would like to see a solution that has been
implemented on Win/Linux/and Mac platforms. Otherwise, suggestions
for each platform would be more than welcome.

I think we might have to code this in assembler for each processor we
want to support. Does that seem necessary? Any input would be
greatly appreciated.

Feel free to email me privately, if you like.
farmerje_at_[hidden]
is the best address to reach me at.
Thanks!
-Jesse