From: Chris Little (cslittle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-05 08:34:19

The most interest point of this discussion is that it highlights the
difference between command line and gui users.

I work on Mac OS and Windows. On both platforms the
unarchiving tools I use have options to expanding an archive into
a folder. If that isn't what I want to happen it takes seconds to
fix
by dragging file around. I very rarely look at the contents of an
archive before expanding it unless that archive is huge.

In any case Dave decision to wrap the library with a folder in the
archive is a good default and easy for people to undo.

Chris Little

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "David Abrahams"
<abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

> [...]
boost_all.zip