From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-05 14:35:56

on 10/3/00 7:47 PM, Mark Rodgers at mark.rodgers_at_[hidden] wrote:

>>> If it is the latter, maybe we
>>> should use a new Boost #define (in "config.hpp") instead?
>>
>> Can't comment on that part; I think Mark Rodgers (?) is the appropriate
>> source for this info. Mark?
>
> Yes, right on both counts. I put it in because it caused an error
> with BCC5.5. It should have a #define in config.hpp if we figure
> out exactly what the error is. However I think 5.5.1 has fixed the
> problem anyway, so we should probably just remove it, and drop 5.5
> as a supported version.

Can anyone confirm that the problem is gone in BCC 5.5.1? If so, then is
BCC 5.5.1 a free, easily-available upgrade from BCC 5.5? If that's the
case, then we could drop BCC 5.5 support, otherwise we should figure out the
exact error and make a Boost #define of it in "config.hpp." I want to
resolve this issue soon so I can submit this header to a final formal
review.