From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-08 00:32:55

on 10/6/00 9:06 AM, Chris Little at cslittle_at_[hidden] wrote:

> [...]
[SNIP]
>> I have boost (CVS snapshot Oct 4, 2000) and there seem to be problems with
>> CW6 Mac.
>>
>> First of all, I added prefix file with the following macros:
>>
>> #define BOOST_NO_SLIST
>> #define BOOST_NO_HASH
>>
>> Although MSL includes hash class, it is defined outside namespace std and I
>> am always try to rely only on standartized features.

[SNIP]

> I am wondering the value of these #defines. The standard doesn't include
> slist and hash classes. The original SGI implementation does but there
> shouldn't be a standard conforming library that provides them in namespace
> std.

I agree. These #defines can punish standardized headers for ones that may
be slightly off (by actually having <slist> and <hash>). They can be
removed. Any headers referencing these headers, or have classes or
templates using stuff from these headers, could have the problematic stuff
removed.