From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-12 18:55:47

At 11:00 PM 10/12/2000 +0200, Jens Maurer wrote:

>I'm writing my HTML pages by hand and I'm happy with it. The boost
>web site upload procedure seems to be able to grok that, too.

Yes, that sort of thing is why I don't want to change current
approaches. As things stand now, all of the HTML that comes in works OK,
regardless of how it was created. I don't want to rock the boat when
things seem to be working well.

>Btw, my random/index.html page is the only one where the top-level menu
>items are not only in Arial (which I don't have on Linux, so it comes
>out Courier), but optionally also in Helvetica if Arial isn't there.

Hum... Maybe I ought to propagate that code to all pages. Or eliminate
the <font> altogether. To tell you the truth I haven't looked at the
navigation bar code since the very beginning of boost; Nowadays I don't do
anything that depends on a specific font.

--Beman