From: Anton Gluck (gluc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-16 02:07:26

Dave,

I won't be able to participate in the py_cpp review on the level that I
have seen here, but hopefully the kinds of problems I am struggling with
are helpful in some way or another.

I have installed the version of py_cpp posted October 11, and your test
and example work fine. I am also able to build the DLL I am supposed to
wrap up for py. However, when I put the two together, I get into
trouble. In particular, it's the linker that's complaining. In order to
get started, I began with a single class and single project from the
whole DLL workspace. I can compile a static library with this
segment, so I think I got all the necessary parts. Once I add the py_cpp
code, two warnings come up:

LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /EDITANDCONTINUE due to /INCREMENTAL:NO
specification

and

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCD" conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

The first one is probably not so important, but I'm not sure about the
second one. Do you have any suggestions?

After that I get a bunch of unresolved external symbol errors. The problem
here might be that even the single class that I am using (which I even
reduced to the no-argument constructor) might already be too linked up
with other parts of the code. It would already help me if you could
confirm that this is the likely cause.

Related to this, how would you suggest to go about wrapping a large
DLL? Is the piece-meal approach not feasible? Is writing wrapper code an
all-or-nothing adventure?

A last remark: For the release version of vc6_proj you have both /Ot and
/Os as compiler options, but it can only be one or the other.

Thanks for any help,

Toni