From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-17 01:31:24

In message <200010160037.RAA10497_at_[hidden]>, Jesse Jones
<jesjones_at_[hidden]> writes
>I've been using callback objects derived from the code in Rich Hickey's
>C++ Report article for quite a while now. In a nutshell, these are
>non-tempate classes that can transparently hold pointers to either
>free-standing functions or member functions. They're very similar to C#
>events or the new callback stuff in Eiffel. They seem to me to be useful
>enough to merit inclusion in boost so I thought I'd see what you guys
>think.

You might also want to take a look at

        http://www.cuj.com/experts/1811/henney.html

Which shows a slightly simplified version of generalised function
pointer objects that I've found to be useful.

I have considered submitting this to Boost, so it seems that at least
two of us reckon it's important ;-) Could be scope for collaboration on
this, if you're interested.

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com