From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-19 09:45:05

We once were about to turn off BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES for MSVC, but then
someone supposedly found a linker (!) problem caused by the use of member
templates. I've never been able to figure out whether that was a phantom
issue (perhaps caused by an out-of-date compiler) or a real one. If anyone
has a reproducible case of this it would be great if we could capture it for
the website as documentation of why we have the special
BOOST_MSVC_MEMBER_TEMPLATES define. Otherwise, we should probably just
enable member templates for MSVC.

-Dave