From: Swatosh, Joe R NWP (joe.r.swatosh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-19 11:47:47

Well, I've been lurking a while, and we've been using the bits of boost we
find useful (thanks!) and we've finally run into a place where we got
surprised. Specifically, we've been using numeric_cast<> for a while and
it's been working slick. Yesterday we ran into a little problem so today I
added the following lines to cast_test.cpp, either one causes it to fail:

assert( 0.0f == numeric_cast<float>( 0.0 ) );
assert( 0.0 == numeric_cast<double>( 0.0 ) );

Which looks to me like a bug, or am I abusing the notion of numeric_cast<>?

BTW we're using MSVC6.0sp4 with Dinkum's STL.

Thanks,

Joe Swatosh | mailto:Joe.R.Swatosh_at_[hidden]
nLink contract employee | mailto:jswatosh_at_[hidden]
US Army Corps of Engineers | Northwestern Division, Portland District
CENWP-HDC-P | Hydroelectric Design Center
220 NW 8th Ave | v:(503) 808-4032
Portland, OR 97209 | f:(503) 808-4029