From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-20 09:04:34

>Contains some documentation additions, and cleans up the code, as
>well as some fixes to sample tokenizers.
>
>I would appreciate any comments.

John,

I'm assuming you are getting close to asking for a formal review of the
token iterator library. But first you might want to:

* Do another pass through the code for boost programming and header
guidelines. See http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm. Namespace boost
where appropriate, limit line lengths to 80 characters, comment line with
file description starting each file, include headers via
<boost/tokenizer.hpp> rather than <tokenizer.hpp>,etc.

* Check your code for minor inconsistencies like (in TokenizerTest.cpp)
       - using namespace std but also std:: qualifying some names.
       - int main() with no return statement.

* Add a "hello, world" level example at the beginning of the docs. The
point isn't to demonstrate the power of the library (anymore than "hello,
world" demonstrates the power of C++) but rather to quickly give people an
idea of what you are talking about.

* Get someone else to read over the docs to help find and fix grammar
errors.

* Clean out old versions of files from the files/vault so people don't
download the wrong version.

Cheers,

--Beman