From: jbandela_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-10-20 20:09:21

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your response.
I have seen some other garbage collectors. However, I noticed that
they seemed geared toward C. In addition, they had to scan raw memory
looking for pointers and thus could be fooled by some pointer
manipulation allowed in C/C++. My aim/experiment was to try to build
one, that is specifically for C++ using smart pointers. I am
currently not aware of any GC's that take this approach. (If someone
knows differently, please let me know.)

Regards,
John R. Bandela