From: Prabhu Ramachandran (prabhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-27 11:07:00

hi,

        Please excuse the total newbie question. I wanted to try to
convert some c++ libraries to python and wanted to use py_cpp and
hence wanted to "install" boost under linux. I downloaded
boost_all.zip which unzips into a directory called boost_1_18_1. Now,
there are no makefiles or anything like that. So, am I correct to
assume that boost does not require one to build a library of any kind
and all that is needed is the source tree?? This is the first time I
am seeing something of this kind. Usually there is some kind of
library that goes with a development package. I can see that all the
headers (*.hpp) are in the boost directory. Is this stuff sufficient
and "standalone"? Or am I missing something??

thanks,
prabhu

--
Help save the world with a click!!  http://clickandsave.8k.com/