From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-31 11:34:24

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the trouble to run the boost libraries through Doxygen,
and posting the results for us to look at.

My worries about Doxygen include:

* Is the generated documentation good enough? Examples I have seen are
only partially convincing. They always seem to skimp on prose
descriptions.
* Does Doxygen reduce the readability of source code?
* Is Doxygen practical if only some boost library developers use it?
* Does Doxygen create an impediment for developers wanting to submit
libraries to boost? Developers should not have to learn a new tool.
* What kinds of experiences are others having with Doxygen? What problems
do they run into?
* Negative comments about boost seem to center on library install, build,
and test issues. I haven't heard a lot of complaints about the detailed
documentation for libraries. Is there actually a need to change the way we
do library documentation?

Comments?

--Beman