From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-01 00:52:56

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton Gluck" <gluc_at_[hidden]>

> Is there a chance that vc6_prj doesn't work with the changes made for the
> new release? I got your release 10-31 and customarily wanted to compile
> its demo.dll (just checking that everything's ok :-), but got these
> errors:
<snip>
> Since I see a lot of the (with me) infamous "const"s, I'm wondering
> whether the vc6_prj code is perhaps not up to date.

I just downloaded the project to a fresh directory and everything worked,
but I think that's because I checked an MSVC bug workaround into boost a few
days ago which hasn't made it into a release yet. You can get the fix at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/boost/boost/detail/ob_type_tra
its.hpp?cvsroot=boost

(mind the line breaks)

[Beman, perhaps you'd consider posting an update soon?]

> Two other, minor points: vc6_prj.dsp is read-only, but I would guess that
> most people need to do a bit of customization. And in the release version,
> "warning D4025 : overriding '/Ot' with '/Os'" still shows up.

That's just an artifact of my version control. When it goes into boost
distribution, I think that will go away.

> Some more info: I've just tried the new version with my own wrapping
> project, and gotten the same kinds of errors, caused by code that worked
> before (the TextRecordIterator parts are commented out; that very same
> code works with your older version). Perhaps I'm missing some changes that
> need to be made to the code for the new version?

It's hard to say what might be happening without a reproducible test case.

-Dave