From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-03 07:40:05

>Many new enhancements for MSVC6.4 have been added to type_traits recently,
but many of them fail to compile due to a compiler bug (the short-circuit
||/&& evaluation in constant expression problem). I am going to check in a
fix, but considering that the regression test reports success for
type_traits_test even without the fix, I wonder if we're even trying to
test
the new features. It seems like a mistake to me that we're publishing code
without tests (to say nothing of code which won't compile).
<

I've been testing with VC6sp3, and yes they should all actually be tested
by the test program, looks like sp4 adds new bugs? Whatever, if you have
specific cases that fail and aren't tested for, then lets add them to the
test suite.

- John.