From: William Kempf (sirwillard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-06 18:35:29

John,

I saw a posting on the usenet recently about a competing regexp
library that specifically mentions the Boost library. You can find
it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/regx. The author claims
substantially faster compile times over your library and faster
executable times, though he admits to only minor bench marking. The
compilation times are likely due to the fact that he's not using
templates and I doubt you can do much to improve this in the Boost
regexp, nor do I think it's much of an issue. The runtime speed
difference is interesting, however. If the claim is true maybe you
can determine how the algorithms differ in order to speed up the
Boost implementation.

Obviously not a priority (not even something that must/should be
done), just thought you might be interested.

Bill