From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-07 11:49:46

In message <019c01c0480f$6ba10d40$4b0524d4_at_pdimov>, Peter Dimov
<pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes
[any and comparisons]
>Well, actually, we did discuss this in length without reaching an agreement.
>:-)

But looking on the bright side, I did tighten up the semantics of
operator const void * as a result :-)

>* MSVC_INCLUDE(template<>) is unnecessary in two places; removing it would
>make the code clearer.

It would certainly be clearer, but it also would not compile :-( This is
based on the fix that Ed Brey posted some time back.

>* The implicit conversion to void* still causes comparisons on anys to
>compile.

Which is fine, but the semantics are now tighter, ie the result behaves
a lot more like a bool than an arbitrary pointer. In fact, there is even
now a test for the behaviour.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com