From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-08 09:17:14

From: "Kevlin Henney" <kevlin_at_[hidden]>

> >A question, why the <cstdlib>? Note that MSVC's <c*> headers don't put
> >identifiers in std.
>
> Because any doesn't just compile with MSVC.

Yes, of course, my point is that test-any.cpp doesn't use anything from
<cstdlib>, if I'm not mistaken; and if it did, you'd either get an error on
MSVC that the identifier is not a member of std:: or an error from the real
compilers that the identifier is in std::. <stdlib.h> would work on both -
had it been required.

> >I may have missed a SP where this weren't the case, though... What
version
> >do you have in mind?
>
> One machine I have runs vanilla MSVC 6, no SPs.

Oh, all right then.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.