From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-11-09 11:19:07

This is just a reminder that John Maddock's Static Asserts library begins
its formal review today, and will end on Thursday, Nov. 16th.

I will be acting as review manager for this library. It's available at:
  http://www.egroups.com/files/boost/static_assert.zip

Please post your comments to the list. This is a small library, but one
that will probably be used by other Boost libraries in the future. Used a
*lot* as we move into generative programming with better compilers. So we
want to get it right; your comments will help!

        -Steve

P.S. With this library, I consider the name (and the exposed symbol/macro
names) to be a separate issue. If necessary, we'll use egroups polling to
vote for them before merging into Boost; John has already stated that he has
no strong feelings on the matter.

This library will be referred to as "Static Asserts" during the formal
review process, for sanity's sake. Discussions on alternate names are
encouraged, but please keep that discussion in a separate thread from
discussions of the library proper. Also, please use a descriptive subject
line; something like "Static Asserts: naming".