From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-12 13:31:39

Jens Maurer wrote:

> I think <boost/stdint.h> is a fundamental design flaw and should
> be removed and/or folded into <boost/cstdint.hpp>.

Since nobody objected, and after talking to Beman in Toronto,
I just went ahead and:
 - added a comment to boost/stdint.h that the file is obsolete
(the file should be removed after my change has been approved)
 - merged the typedef's of boost/stdint.h into boost/cstdint.hpp
 - adapted libs/integer/cstdint_test.cpp so that it uses boost::
prefixes on all intXX_t references
 - adapted the documentation accordingly

(Note: boost/cstdint.hpp provides some macros by John Maddock as
well, such as INT16_C() etc. They remain to be documented.)

With that change, boost no longer provides ::int8_t etc. as part of
its interface.

Please test on MS Windows.

Jens Maurer