From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-16 16:55:39

There's a problem with type_traits_test.cpp.

It contains a line

   value_test(false, (boost::is_convertible<int*, int[2]>::value));

which has the wrong expected result, I think. The test fails
with both Comeau C++ and gcc 2.95.2.

int[2] and int* are equivalent in function declarations from
an overloading perspective, so an int* argument can be used to
initialize an int[2] function parameter.

Options are to either change the desired outcome or fix the
is_convertible implementation (I don't know how, though).

Jens Maurer

[Btw, for all Linux users: I've just upgraded to the new glibc 2.2.
The "streambuf" header file of the default gcc 2.95.2 C++ library
required fixing after that. It has lots more wide character
functions now, though.]