From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-20 07:50:43

>When I tried to compile this with the "off the shelf" compiler I found
>that std::numeric_limits was not defined anywhere. I was able to
>compile it using STLport4.0, but I'm curious if you were able to get it
>to work with 2.95.2 as is or if you're using a different set of
>libraries, etc.

I confess that I wondered about that as well - Jens if the gcc column in
the compatibility chart has been modified slightly (by adding <limits>), is
it possible to either add another column for vanilla "off the shelf" gcc,
or just add a note to the page explaining how the default install needs to
be modified. I guess if gcc v3 is only a month or so away (is that
correct? anyone have the inside track on this?), then maybe just do
whatever is easiest for now as I assume that this will become a non-problem
soon (although I seem to have been saying that for while....!).

- John.