From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-21 01:43:38

Dave Abrahams wrote:
> I think Alexy Gurtovoy worked pretty hard on a 2D point class template. I
> don't know what became of it, though; I don't see it in the vault. I realize
> that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Actually it is in the vault under 'geometry2d' subfolder. It's not the newest
version, though. There are two class templates defined there -
[boost::geometry2d::]point<> and rectangle<>. They are worked out pretty well,
but they reflect my past (more than 6 months old :) understanding of how such
classes should be implemented, not a current one. I use a slightly different
version of these classes at my work, and I am still interested in bringing
them to a state when they'll be useful and general enough for many people to
consider them as an alternative to their 'home-grown' versions. People dealing
with computational geometry are certainly a target audience :). I have a
little shortage of time this week, but I'll upload a new version of the
"library" on the weekend, along with posting some topics for discussion here..
you don't have to wait till then, though, to start criticize my current code
:)

--Aleksey