From: Lutz Kettner (kettner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-21 17:43:30

Hi Jeremy,

> Is there any chance that the CGAL group would want to provide a more open
> licence version of CGAL? Would the group be interested in submitting CGAL
> to Boost at some point, and/or combining efforts?

We had and have internal discusssions about these issues. The current
answer is no. Also, I cannot speak for the group here. The official
contact would be <contact_at_[hidden]>. We will have a meeting right
before Christmas and I assume our license will be an issue again. If
things change I definitely let you know. Just a personal note, I like
the ideas behind boost. I am sorry I cannot promise anything from CGAL.

Cheers,

Lutz

(I forgot my affiliation the last time)
UNC Computer Science email: kettner_at_[hidden]
CB 3175, Sitterson Hall phone: (919) 962-1700 x7759
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175, USA fax: (919) 962-1799