From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-23 13:46:29

Hi Dave,

The one last detail is looking at removing the NonconstIterator template
parameter from iterator_adaptor. The advantage of doing this is keeping
things simpler. The disadvantage is user errors in the use of the
assignment or copy constructor will show up as errors at the level of the
adapted iterator instead of as errors on iterator_adaptor.

I've uploaded a copy of this simplified version to egroups Files.
It's the file iterator_adaptors.hpp.

This file also includes the addition of indirect iterator and
projection iterator.

Yes, you had volunteered to push this one through review ;)

Cheers,

Jeremy

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, David Abrahams wrote:
> > libs\utility\iterator_adaptor_examples.cpp
> >
> > It would be helpful if the various library maintainers would apply them,
> if
> > they believe them to be correct.
>
> What should we do about that last one? AFAIK, iterator_adaptors has not yet
> been accepted because John Potter and Jeremy Siek are still looking at some
> final details (ways to simplify it). John, Jeremy, please correct me if
> neccessary as I'm supposed to be the one requesting the formal review... ;-)

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906