From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-27 16:59:46

We've just upgraded our boost installation here at work only to
discover that we're getting an INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR from gcc
2.95.2 whenever we #include <boost/cast.hpp>. This situation is
unacceptable, of course!

I notice that http://www.boost.org/libs/compiler_status.htm shows
that cast_test.cpp fails under GCC. Does anyone (e.g. Jens) know if
the failure mode is INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR? Does anyone have a
proposed fix?

If we have accepted or are going to accept lexical_cast<>, is it part
of the casts library? Either way, we should address this soon, and
certainly before the casts library leaves beta status.