From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-30 16:19:40

At 12:12 PM 11/30/2000 -0700, John (EBo) David wrote:

>There has been a number of requests for code examples, snippets, and bug
>reports...
>
>Is it reasonable at this juncture, or even possible, to set up a
>protocol for both examples and begin developing a set of regression
>tests?

There are several issues.

1) I'm about to post a small test tools (not including unit tests) library
to get reactions. A key point will be to simply set a policy that for now
boost test programs detect their own errors and report them via non-zero
return (rather than relying on, say, Expect, or similar). KISS, at least
for now.

2) Directory structure: go back and read the "About the directory
structure" thread earlier in November. Part of the problem is just
inertia. It is easy to talk about changes, but hard to do them. Too many
more interesting things going on; I get pretty tired of administrivia like
dealing with directory structures, what to do about make files, download
formats, etc.

Thanks,

--Beman