From: William Kempf (sirwillard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-11-30 18:13:34

--- In boost_at_[hidden], Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_g...> wrote:

> - "mutex"/"guard" is hopefully obsoleted by the efforts of the
> boost thread synchronization library. Have we agreed on an
interface
> yet?

Near enough that we've moved on. I suspect we'll cover this ground
again either right before or after submission of BTL, but it's stable
enough right now. However, I'm not sure that this library must
follow the same interface in order to be accepted, since the
interface may change by the time this library is submitted. As long
as the mutex/guard are hidden as implementation details here I'd say
nothing else really matters. So everything else can be left up to
the implementer.

Bill Kempf