From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-01 09:59:22

I think Sun 6.0 does support partial spec and member template. However,
its headers still #if-out iterator_traits, so that may cause some
problems in places where the wrong boost macro was used.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Bill Klein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I notice that in config.hpp we have:
>
> # elif defined __SUNPRO_CC
> # if __SUNPRO_CC <= 0x500
> # define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
> # define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
> # endif
>
> implying that versions > 5 of the Sun compiler are fixed
> here. I'm using version 6 though and I've had to define both
> of these to get rid of some compile errors, so it might be
> worth getting rid of the #if __SUNPRO_CC <= 0x500... unless
> there's another reason for it...
>
> -Bill Klein <bill_at_[hidden]>

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906