From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-04 10:23:37

> [Peter Dimov]
> * headers end in .h, not .hpp;

Will change.

> [Peter Dimov]
> * several changes were necessary to get pool to compile with MSVC 6sp4
> (default STL) and g++ 2.95.2/mingw32 - see modified_pool.zip.

I'll take a look at this. Thanks!

> [Peter Dimov]
> Win9x doesn't have trylock on a critical section; perhaps mutex::trylock()
> ought to be removed?

Sure. Pool doesn't use it; it was just copied from my personal "mutex.h".

> [Peter Dimov]
> * is it possible to get pool_alloc working with the MSVC 6 default STL?
I'm
> not an allocator expert.

I don't know. From other messages, it appears that MSVC has a totally
different allocator interface. Someone with MSVC would have to tackle this.

> [Jens Maurer]
> - The final directory structure should clearly separate the required
> source files from examples and documentation, since this library is
> not headers-only.

I'll change the directory structure before final submission.

        -Steve