From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-04 14:40:22

Yes, thank you for making this point!

So I'd encourage us to limit our current discussion of ndim-arrays to
indexing, subarrays, etc. and leave the issue of numeric operations to be
handled by a different (though closely related) library to be defined at
some later time.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Randy Roberts wrote:
> Expression Templates (ET) features need not be an issue. The user
> of the container class can always "glom" on ET to the container
> via Geoff Furnish's technique in
>
> "Disambiguated Glommable Expression Templates Reintroduced"
>
> http://www.creport.com/html/from_pages/view_recent_articles_c.cfm?ArticleID=627
>
> Then the (ET) engine and the container itself become orthoganal
> issues.
>
> Regards,
> Randy
> --
> Randy M. Roberts | "His men would follow him anywhere,
> rroberts_at_[hidden] | but only out of morbid curiosity."
> rsqrd_at_[hidden] | -- a performance review
> work: (505)665-4285

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906