From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-04 17:57:02

In message <200012042239.OAA02834_at_[hidden]>, Karl Nelson
<kenelson_at_[hidden]> writes
>If you are still unhappy with the threading case, I
>> suggest
>> > we drop it and just focus on the one we can agree on.
>>
>> That much sounds like a good idea at this point.
>
>If you drop threading than I once again resubmit that sigc++ is the
>best design because it handles the plethora of cases which hasn't
>even been discussed here.

The suggestion was not to drop threading, but drop the discussion :->

For those of us that believe and know it, we already have a solution
that works in a threaded environment for the class in question, without
the need for any threading primitives. As you also demonstrated, the
cloning case is just that solution and does not need any extra thread
awareness in its code, ie it's a thread neutral solution.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com