From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-05 19:57:22

From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> > Can anyone suggest a workaround or explain to me what am I doing
> > wrong?
> >
> > I want to put boost::shared_ptr objects into an array which then
> will
> > be used to initialize a STL container.
>
> Take a look at the boost::shared_array docs at:
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/shared_array.htm

Shared_array isn't the answer here. Slawomir was correct to use
shared_ptr, since the smart pointer is pointing to a scalar. His code
has smart pointer object itself stored in an array. I couldn't find
any problem with the code. I wish I could be more helpful. It seems
like a compiler bug, but imagine the odds of that: 2 or of 3 compilers
are non-conformant and VC isn't among them! :-]