From: Prabhu Ramachandran (prabhu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-07 10:46:21

hi,

    rwgk> This message is about an informal proposal for adding a
    rwgk> provision to the Boost Python Library (BPL) that would allow
    rwgk> mixing types (i.e. extension classes) defined in different
    rwgk> (separately imported) Python modules.

Here is what I understand of what you mean. You have a set of classes
that are wrapped in in py_moduleA and you want to create a py_moduleB
that uses functions/classes from py_moduleA? For instance you have
classA in py_moduleA and you want to wrap a c++ classB that is derived
from classA without changing and rebuilding py_moduleA. Correct? If
this be the case then I really think that it is very useful. I had
been trying to wrap a library (VTK) that has about 500 classes! The
library itself builds as 5 separate libraries. So, if I have to wrap
everything into one big module it would certainly be a pain to
maintain/manage and even build. Infact, I dont know if it will build
at all. Although I really havent had the time to finish what I
started, I have done some preliminary work. David knows what I am
talking about. So if you are looking for votes, you have a big "aye"
from me. :)

My apologies if this is not what you meant at all.

<snip>

BTW is the Boostification of BPL finished?

thanks,
prabhu