From: wb_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-07 10:57:26

Thank you, Beman, for preparing the summary below; I found it quite
informative.

Most Boost submissions center around header files. In my experience,
it has been traditional that a project separate its header files into a
separate "include" directory. The directory named "src" is reserved
for source files (and for those few headers, if any, used only for
project compilation and not needing to be #include'd in user code)
needing compilation.

The proposed directory names "doc," "example," and "test" are also
traditional names. I assume performance tests, as well as regression
tests, would be placed in the "test" subdirectory.

The "build" name" seems atypical, in that a very great many projects
put makefiles and such into the main project directory; however, I like
it.

While I understand that there are many valid variations on this theme,
I have found this particular separation of concerns to be the most
helpful from a user's viewpoint. I therefore recommend it to Boost for
its earnest consideration.

        - WEB