From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-07 12:50:21

> I'm in violent agreement here, it is a *lot* easier to have the names in
> boost.

This does not make it easier for library creators.

Since there is no registry for official names and I've got several large
libraries, I either suck up all available good names or nest them within my
own namespace. Or fight with other libraries to be first and stake out my
claim.

Tuples is a good example. Python_c++ has them, as does LL.

So rather than try and manage the individual names I'd rather manage
namespace names and let library builders have total freedom within their
namespace.

So if we want boost level names I want only a relatively few of them. And
they should be extremely useful so that no one minds that they are now
effectively reserved.

  -gary-