From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-10 11:21:23

on 12/9/00 6:19 AM, John Maddock at John_Maddock_at_[hidden] wrote:

[SNIP]
> I don't mind making the changes, I just want some time to check everything
> through afterwards, and more to the point, I don't want you to issue a
> point release while I'm half way through the changes :-)
>
> I want to be sure that we only do this once as well.
>
> Is everyone happy about using "/libs/libname/src", or would "/src/libname"
> be better?

I would like a "/src" directory with the mandatory *.cpp files in it. It
should have the same subdirectory structure as the corresponding *.hpp files
in the "/boost" directory. This way, you only have to enter two directories
into your compiler's search path to use Boost. (Using "/libs/libname/src"
would be a nightmare; you would either have to specify each individual
sub-library you anticipate using, or specify the parent "/libs" directory
and risk conflicts with the non-mandatory source files.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie