From: Joe Gottman (joegottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-11 20:51:17

    I have been using the shared_ptr from "smart_ptr.hpp" and have found it very useful. However, I am afraid to try using the shared_array from the same file. The problem is that shared_array does not have a size() member function. This makes it very dangerous to use the shared_array if the user doesn't know what size array it was created with, for instance if it was returned from a function.

   I think the shared_array would be much more useful with a size() member. However, this would necessitate changing the constructor and the reset() function to take an extra parameter to indicate the size. Also, it would necessitate using a third pointer to store the size.

Joe Gottman