From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-17 09:15:01

Jeff Garland wrote:

> No, I wasn't counting the build of the boost library as part of the
> "install". Regardless, make isn't part of the Windows "platform" (neither
> is IE for that matter :)

How bout this... I have seen many "install" scripts that work in the
*NIX world AND Win*

Years ago I wrote one that had a sh version "./install" that worked on
*NIX and an ".\install.bat" that worked in the MS-* world. These are
easy enough to write and work appropriately in their respective cases.

> Agreed, but boost (at least currently) is delivered as a source only library
> and no one provides support. As a result, some organizations won't use it.
> Does that mean boost should start building binaries tomorrow? Surely not.

If people want/need them and someone is willing to supply them why not?
Personally, I am not ready to do so, but that is jsut me...

EBo --