From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-12-18 13:33:30

> I know we had a long discussion about the intent of the standard with
> regard to the question "is T* const a pointer"? I think the
> resolution was that, however strict, our previous reading of the
> standard misconstrued its intent and we would change the behavior of
> type_traits appropriately. Did that ever happen, or have I
> misunderstood our conclusion?

type_traits is in the process of being more-or-less totally re-evaluated.
All type-based queries will be cv-insensitive. Also, we're reviewing the
categories provided; some categories like is_standard_* and is_extension_*
will probably be deprecated. None of these changes have been reflected back
into Boost yet.

        -Steve