From: Matthew Austern (austern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-21 13:57:49

scleary_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Actually, I don't see "pointer" and "reference" actually *required*
> anywhere. They're provided by all the Standard iterators, but in 24.3.1/1 I
> only see the other three types (difference, value, and category) as
> required. I wonder if this was the intention of the Standard or an
> accidental omission?

The latter. (I'm the one who accidentally omitted it.) Actually,
the whole business of iterator_traits<> and the iterator requirements
table is a bit of a mess. I don't think it's very clear that
iterator_traits is part of the requirements.

If you'd like to submit a LWG issue for the pointer and reference
typedefs, I'll add it to the issues list. Please let me know if
you'd like any more information about proper formatting for an
issue.

                        --Matt