From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-26 12:46:08

I like this formulation of the requirements... it is certainly much
simpler. I've also been thinking in this direction, but have a
couple worries:

One thing that concerns me is that as a result (I think) we get a
disconect between what it means for something to be sorted, and for
something to be binary-searchable.

To put it another way, we may need to have some notion to describe that a
range is in such a state so that the binary search will work for *any*
value object that is used with the comparison functor or operator <.
Normally, the definition of "sorted" ensures this. Related to this, I'm
worried that requirements based on a comparison "expression" hide the
separation between the comparison function and the value object.

For a particular single call to binary search this may not be an issue,
but how would you specify the requirements for a sorted_vector class?

Cheers,
Jeremy