From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-12-29 08:48:43

R. Garcia wrote:
>C++:

For C++, one book that extensively explores issues of the library builder is:
Building and Coding Reuseable C++ by Carroll and Ellis.

You can read what Scott Meyers has to say about it at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/020151284X/qid=978095816/sr=1-4/103-9997438-8021448

This book was written pre-standard (maybe even pre-STL) so it doesn't cover any generic programming
techniques and some of it's specific C++ advice is probably out of date (sorry I'm not at home at the
moment so I'm writing this from memory). They discuss issues like exceptions and inlining which are
really critical to building libraries and so under-discussed in literature.

Jeff

Shop Safely Online Without a Credit Card
http://www.rocketcash.com