From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-03 19:30:42

At 09:14 AM 1/3/2001 -0500, Beman Dawes wrote:

>The web site should now be available at 64.226.201.52
>
>The DNS change to resolve boost.org to that address has been submitted to

>Network Solutions. I have no idea how long they will take to process it.
>
>Full report later.

Argh! No sign of the boost.org DNS change. Network Solutions says they
are days behind in updating the DNS database. But for only $29.95, they
offer priority service.

I fell for it, forked over the $30 (actually, my credit card number), and
they promise to make the change in the 5AM update. (They update at 5AM and
5PM.) Then they mention that it still takes a minimum of 24 hours before
the change propagates over the net. And, by the way, there is no online
way to verify anything - whois turns out not to be real time.

Sooner or later this will get straightened out - there just doesn't seem to
be any way to expedite an IP address change.

--Beman